Lotuscom East Africa
Lotuscom is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and app, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lotuscom may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 9th July 2021.
What we collect
- Name and telephone number. The telephone number is verified via https://lotuseastafrica.com which is the main system, and stored on both our servers on Cloudflare Platform and the Lotuscom account hosted on https://lotuseastafrica.com .
What we do with the information we gather
- Internal record keeping when transfer of money is done via MPESA.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional SMS about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may
find interesting using the telephone number which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by
phone when services are unavailable.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a Lotuscom file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering
information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyses data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to our main site for authentication. We verify your number; store on our servers on Cloudflare Platform and on https://lotuseastafrica.com.
Also link to our main website is https://lotuscomeastafrica.co.ke
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.